Spring Sports Packets Now Available
Spring Sports Packets can now be picked up in the Student Activities Office. Clearance will will begin on January 11. Spring sports begin February 1 (for most sports)
All Athletes trying out for the first sport of the school year will need to get a new physical, complete the online packet and submit the parent consent form. **Athletes who have not ImPACT tested in the last two years will need to complete a new test. See schedule below.**
All athletes returning for a second or third sport will just need to update their online information and complete a new parent consent form.
Eligibility for Spring Sports will be based on 1st semester grades. All student-athletes must have at least a 2.0 with no F's, and no more than 1 N in Citizenship to be eligible to clear their packet.
Sports Clearances for 2015-2016
Do you want to play a sport at Gilroy High School?
Check out the list of sports on the left side of this page!
In order to try-out/play a sport you must stop by the Student Activities Office to pick up a Sports Packet. The Sports Packet must be COMPLETED before you can try-out/play any GUSD sponsored sport.
Please pick up a packet in the student activities office to begin your Clearance Process!
General Requirements to obtain a Sports Clearance at GHS:
- Complete the Online Clearance: www.athleticclearance.com
- Return Parent/Athlete Signature Form: emailed to you once the online clearance is completed
- Return Emergency/Consent Form (must be picked up in the Student Activities Office)
- Return Completed/Stamped Physical Form (must be picked up in the Student Activities Office)
- Complete the ImPACT test (every two years) see sign up information below
- Athletes must have at least a 2.0 with Zero F's and no more then One N in Citizenship in the last official grading period (1st Q, 1 Semester, 3rd Q, or 2nd Semester)
ATHLETES TRANSITIONING FROM A WINTER SPORT TO A SPRING SPORT: must pick up a new clearance card from the Student Activities Office and return the completed card to the Student Activities Office before they can being their second season of sport.
The Gilroy High School Athletic Department has transitioned to an online registration process so registration is streamlined and more user-friendly (we hope!)
A physical completed after June 1, 2015 will be required to complete your clearance. If you are having trouble getting a physical from your Primary Care Physician the We Care Health Center in Gilroy will take Gilroy High School students for $25.
ATHLETIC PACKETS FOR SPRING SPORTS WILL BE AVAILABLE DECEMBER 14
CLEARANCES FOR SPRING SPORTS WILL BEGIN ON JANUARY 11