2015 - 2016 Issues
Sports Clearances for 2015-2016
Do you want to play a sport at Gilroy High School?
Check out the list of sports on the left side of this page!
In order to try-out/play a sport you must stop by the Student Activities Office to pick up a Sports Packet. The Sports Packet must be COMPLETED before you can try-out/play any GUSD sponsored sport.
Please pick up a packet in the student activities office to begin your Clearance Process!
General Requirements to obtain a Sports Clearance at GHS:
- Complete the Online Clearance: www.athleticclearance.com
- Return Parent/Athlete Signature Form: emailed to you once the online clearance is completed
- Return Emergency/Consent Form (must be picked up in the Student Activities Office)
- Return Completed/Stamped Physical Form (must be picked up in the Student Activities Office)
- Complete the ImPACT test (every two years) see sign up information below
- Athletes must have at least a 2.0 with Zero F's and no more then One N in Citizenship in the last official grading period (1st Q, 1 Semester, 3rd Q, or 2nd Semester)
ATHLETES TRANSITIONING FROM A FALL SPORT TO A WINTER SPORT: must pick up a new clearance card from the Student Activities Office and return the completed card to the Student Activities Office before they can being their second season of sport.
The Gilroy High School Athletic Department has transitioned to an online registration process so registration is streamlined and more user-friendly (we hope!)
A physical completed after June 1, 2015 will be required to complete your clearance. If you are having trouble getting a physical from your Primary Care Physician the We Care Health Center in Gilroy will take Gilroy High School students for $25.
ATHLETIC PACKETS FOR WINTER SPORTS WILL BE AVAILABLE OCTOBER 1
CLEARANCES FOR WINTER SPORTS WILL BEGIN ON OCTOBER 26