Sports Clearances for 2016-2017
Do you want to play a sport at Gilroy High School?
Check out the list of sports on the left side of this page!
In order to try-out/play a sport you must stop by the Student Activities Office to pick up a Sports Packet. The Sports Packet must be COMPLETED before you can try-out/play any GUSD sponsored sport.
Please pick up a packet in the student activities office to begin your Clearance Process! NOW AVAILABLE!
General Requirements to obtain a Sports Clearance at GHS:
- Complete the Online Clearance: www.athleticclearance.com
- Return Parent/Athlete Signature Form: emailed to you once the online clearance is completed
- Return Emergency/Consent Form (must be picked up in the Student Activities Office) A signature from the bookroom is required on this form! The bookroom will be closed the entire month of July-please plan accordingly.
- Return Completed/Stamped Physical Form (must be picked up in the Student Activities Office)
- Complete the ImPACT test (every two years) see sign up information below
- Athletes must have at least a 2.0 with Zero F's and no more then One N in Citizenship in the last official grading period (1st Q, 1 Semester, 3rd Q, or 2nd Semester)
The Gilroy High School Athletic Department has transitioned to an online registration process so registration is streamlined and more user-friendly (we hope!)
A physical completed after June 1, 2016 will be required to complete your clearance. If you are having trouble getting a physical from your Primary Care Physician the We Care Health Center in Gilroy will take Gilroy High School students for $25.